This attractive book will appeal to those with an interest in local history and cartography.
- Thomas Jeffrey’s Map of Yorkshire, 1771-2
- Christopher Greenwood’s Map of Yorkshire, 1818
- Henry Teesdales’ Map of Yorkshire, 1828
- The Saddleworth Enclosure Map, 1840
- The First Edition Six-inch Ordnance Survey Map, 1854
- The First Edition Twenty-five inch Ordnance Survey Map, 1892-4
The facsimile maps provide a commentary on the rapidly changing landscape of Saddleworth during this period, revealing the transition from the pattern of scattered farms and isolated hamlets to the concentration of village settlements that we now recognise as Saddleworth.
Saddleworth was previously in Yorkshire, but is now included within the Borough of Oldham, Greater Manchester.
The dust wrapper is clean and bright and in fine condition.
The binding is very tight.
Internally, the content is clean, fresh and in fine condition.
A superb copy.
Mapping Saddleworth Volume 1: Printed Maps of the Parish 1771-1884
Mike Buckley, David Harrison and Alan Petford
- Published by The Saddleworth Historical Society, 2007
- ISBN: 978 0904982114
- First edition
- 225 pages