This publication comprises an investigation into the architectural origins and influences which have shaped the evolution of this building over 600 years, from 1380- 2002, during which the fortunes and aspirations of the family have prompted each major change to the building, representing almost every period of English architectural style. Appendices include the cellars under the west wing entrance hall, priests’ hiding places, and buildings and structures in the park, and more.
The book is illustrated with numerous b/w photographs and plans.
The card covers are in near fine condition, clean and fresh, with only very minor defects.
The binding is secure and tight.
Internally, the pages are clean and in near fine condition.
- Published by the Heritage Trust for the North West, 2004
- First edition
- 22 x26 cm
- 143 pages